Veterans Services

Big Stone County Veterans Services provides assistance to veterans, their dependents and survivors in applying for veterans’ benefits provided by the state of Minnesota and the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Our office helps veterans access VA health care benefits, file claims for VA compensation and VA pension, and apply for veterans' benefits through the state of Minnesota. To be eligible for benefits you must be a veteran, spouse, dependent, surviving spouse, qualifying child of a deceased veteran, active duty military service member or a member of the Reserves or National Guard.

Contact Information

Ward Odom - Certified Veterans Services Officer

20 2nd St. NW
Ortonville, MN 56278
(T) (320) 839-6398