3 Full Time Sheriff Deputies
• Associate Degree in Law Enforcement, or equivalent education and experience
• P. O. S. T. license or eligible to be licensed
• Valid Drivers’ License
• Ability to pass physical & psychological exam
• Ability to pass thorough background screening
• Ability to work with the public
• Work various hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Salary Range: $25.55 - $33.53/hour
Excellent benefits package that can result in $1145 additional monthly income
Deadline to apply: 4:00 pm on June 6, 2022
Deputy Sheriff Job Description
Seasonal AIS Inspector
Big Stone County is seeking a Seasonal Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Inspector. This position will inspect boats for AIS. Hours are varied, with evening and weekends over the summer up to 40 hours/week. Perfect opportunity for high school graduates and college students interested in the environment. Work locations in Big Stone, Swift and Lac Qui Parle Counties.
- Valid drivers’ license is required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Ability to work with the public
- Must pass MN DNR inspection training course
Wage range is $15 - $20/hour
Seasonal AIS Inspector job description
Deadline to apply: May 31, 2022
See below for application instructions.
EOE/ADA Accommodations available by contacting Human Resources at 320-839-6388 or [email protected]
How to Apply for Current Openings
Family Services Positions:
To apply for a position within Big Stone County Family Services you must apply using the Minnesota Merit system.
All other Positions:
To apply for a position please fill out an online application for employment. Please have resume, cover letter, and any other forms you wish to submit such as a DD214 or letter of recommendation ready to upload during the online application process.
Big Stone County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Minnesota Veterans Preference Act (VPA) grants most veterans a limited preference over non-veterans in hiring and promotion for most Minnesota public employment positions, as granted in Minnesota Statutes §197.447, §43A.11, and §197.455.
For more information please see our Veterans Preference information page.