Items needed to obtain the permit:
- Proof of certification of training from an approved provider
- Valid photo identification.
- $100.00 fee payable at the time of the application
For more information regarding permits to carry please visit the Minnesota BCA website.
Permit to Purchase
- Permit to purchase/transfer are needed when purchasing a handgun, gifting, loaning or delivering to another person.
- You don't need a purchase permit if you have a valid permit to carry.
- A background check will be conducted to assure the permit holder is eligible to purchase a handgun under state law.
- An application can be downloaded here or picked up at the Sheriff's Office.
- Upon successful completion of these checks, the permit will be issued and will be valid for a period of one year.