- A Marriage Application Worksheet must be completed before the issuance of a license. If you do not have access to a computer, we have a computer available to use in our office to complete the online marriage application.
- The cost of a marriage license is $115.00
- Government Issued Photo ID must be shown at time of license application process.
- If you have had at least 12 hours of premarital education with a minister or a person licensed to practice marriage and family therapy, you may qualify for reduced fees. The cost of a reduced fee marriage license is $40. To qualify an Educator's Statement must be completed and brought to the office before the issuance of a license.
- Due to the length of time required to process a marriage license application, it is recommended that couples seeking a marriage license arrive at the office no later than 3:00 pm.
- The cost to obtain a certified marriage certificate is $9.
- The marriage license must have been issued in Big Stone County to receive a certified copy.