Used oil, oil filters, antifreeze can be also disposed of at 437 Minnesota St. at any time.
Rechargeable batteries, cellphones, and ink cartridges can be brought to the office free of charge.
The Big Stone County Environmental office has an ongoing collection of bulbs at state contract prices for anyone needing to dispose of their bulbs. Bring them to the office in the courthouse or if you have a substantial amount, call ahead to meet at the storage garage.
- <4'- 4 ' Standard Fluorescent Bulbs - $0.35/ea
- <8 - 8' Standard Fluorescent Bulbs - $0.55/ea
- Compact Fluorescent Lamps - $0.45/ea
- High Intensity Discharge Lamps - $1.30/ea
- Shatter-Shield - $1.15/ea
- U-Bend and Circular Fluorescent Bulbs - $0.50/ea
- Broken Fluorescent Bulbs - $0.80/ea
- Broken Fluorescent Bulbs per pound - $0.80/lb
- Neon Lamps net per pound - $2.05/lb
- Incandescent Bulbs - $0.35/ea
- Non-PCB Ballast - $0.55/lb
- PCB Ballast- $0.65/#
- Compact Fluorescent Bulb w/built-m ballast - $1.40/ea
- Elemental mercury - $2.05/lb
- Other elemental mercury- contaming products (thermostats: switches, thermo- meters, relays: barometers, gauges, etc) - $2.60
- Dental Amalgam - $3.30/lb
- Mercury Oxide batteries $3.30/lb